[Ocfs2-users] does nfs work with ocfs2? "fh buffer is too small for encoding"

John Lange j.lange at epic.ca
Fri Jan 19 14:29:25 PST 2007

I am attempting to export a 4 node ocfs2 file system via NFS without
much success.

When a client mounts the export file system, /var/log/messages spews
thousands of errors as follows:

kernel: (11514,0):ocfs2_encode_fh:155 ERROR: fh buffer is too small for
encoding

The clients are able to create some small files but otherwise are not
working.

I believe the clients _may_ be nfsv2 (linux kernel 2.2.9) but I am not
able to verify this at this time.

Is there a work around for this problem?

Regards,

John