[Ocfs-users] Hard system restart when DRBD connection fails while in use

Henri Cook ocfs at theplayboymansion.net
Sat Sep 6 17:00:46 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have two nodes (A+B) running a DRBD file system (using OCFS2) on /shared.

If I start say, an FTP file transfer to my drbd /shared directory on node A, then reboot node B which is the other machine in a Primary-Primary DRBD configuration while the transfer is in progress - node A stops at a similar time that DRBD notices the connection with Node B has been lost (hence crippling both machines for the time it takes to reboot). If the drive is inactive (i.e. nothing is being written to it) then this does not occur.

My question then is, could OCFS2 tools be the source of these reboots, is there any such default action configured? If so, how would I go about investigating/altering it?  There are no log entries about the reboot to speak of.

OS is Ubuntu Hardy (Server) 8.04 and ocfs2-tools 1.3.9-0ubuntu1

Thanks in advance,

Henri