[Ocfs-users] OCFS Hang

Spina, Randy (GE Comm Fin, non-GE) randy.spina at ge.com
Thu Apr 17 13:44:33 PDT 2008

Hello,
I believe we have this classic problem in our Production
http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs-users/2004-April/000222.html

I also see that someone created a hack workaround
http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs-users/2004-March/000192.html

Later this year we are moving the data center at which time we will
upgrade to OCFS2
So Today we need to live in a workaround for about 6 months.....
The problem I have is that the
debugocfs -D /mountpt/dir/subdir/DBNAME/control /dev/sdb1
...........(or) any other directories off the mount point command
Gives NO data for me to check the STATE of the "file Lock" FLAG  before
and after

Also, I do NOT quite understand how to map the raw device

Randy Spina
GE Asset Intelligence
Schaumburg, Illinois
Desk: 847-598-6740