[Ocfs-users] Newbie question

Ates Goral Ates.Goral at genesyslab.com
Fri Oct 20 10:58:25 PDT 2006

Hi.

I'm trying to set up RAC with OCFS across two machines. I couldn't
readily find the answer to a simple question, either in the official
OCFS documentation or online cookbooks:

I've set up a partition, formatted it and mounted it as OCFS on the
first machine and it seems to work fine (i.e. I can touch files within
that mount). I've activated the OCFS module on the second machine. I
haven't installed the Oracle DB yet. What am I supposed to do to let the
two machines start seeing each other and sharing the OCFS partition? I
can't mount OCFS on the second machine since I don't have a device
(partition) yet. My understanding is that I'm not supposed to create yet
another OCFS partition on the second machine and the second machine will
be using the OCFS partition that I've created on my first machine. Is
that correct?

Thanks!
Ates