[Ocfs-users] OCFS and split mirror backups

David McWhinnie davidmcwhinnie at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 12:12:46 PDT 2006

Are there any known issues with using a split mirror
of the OCFS partitions for backups?

One option we are looking at is as follows:
1. Put tablespace in backup mode.
2. Split the mirror at the SAN level.
3. end tablespace backup mode.
4. mount the OCFS mirror under a different mount
point.
5. backup the files on the OCFS mirror using RMAN.

The question is how feasibile it is for step #4 to
occur.  Is there anything within OCFS preventing the
OCFS mirrored partition from being mounted as a
seperate mount point on the server?  Is there any
information stored in the partition itself regarding
the mount point?

Another option we are looking at is mounting the OCFS
mirror on another seperate server, but this then gets
into RMAN catalog issues....

Any thoughts is appreciated.

David.