[Ocfs-users] Support for errata kernels

Frank Costanza fjcostanza at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 06:16:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

The OCFS packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 say
there are supported for for kernel 2.4.21-27.EL+ (EL3
U4+).

Does this imply that this kernel module RPMs is
supported on the lastest RHEL3 kernel 2.4.21-37.EL
(Update 6)?

In my organisation, we are required to install the
errata kernels very soon after release, especially if
they address security vulnerabilities.  I am wanting
to know if using Oracle with OCFS will allow me to use
up to date Red Hat errata kernels and be sure that the
OCFS kernel modules are supported and will run
correctly.

Thanks,

Frank.