[Ocfs-users] OCFS - Automounts

Doering, Randy RDoering at venterinstitute.org
Mon May 23 14:36:39 CDT 2005

Greetings, I installed RedHat Linux AS version 3/Update 3 over the
weekend, along with ocfs RPMs that are listed below:

ocfs-2.4.21-EL-smp-1.0.13-1.i686.rpm
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1.i386.rpm
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1.i386.rpm

Oracle 10g was then installed on the systems.

On both the test cluster that I used and the production cluster that I
installed over the weekend are some pretty strange lines inserted into
the /var/log/messages file.

May 23 14:51:16 b2u05 automount[4850]: failed to mount /project/ias904
May 23 14:51:19 b2u05 automount[4878]: failed to mount /project/linux

This happens over and over with an interval of between 2-4 minutes
between messages.

None of our other nodes have these messages - only the 4 (2 test, 2
production) that have ocfs/Oracle 10g. The old systems (RH AS 3, Update
1, ocfs version 9, and Oracle 9i did not have these messages.

Thanks,
Randy