[Ocfs-users] OCFS & Red Hat AS 4

Howard, Chris HowardC at prpa.org
Mon May 23 10:21:08 CDT 2005

I'm attempting to build the inexpensive 10g RAC cluster as
outlined in Jeffrey Hunter's paper "Build Your Own
Oracle RAC 10g Clulster on Linux and FireWire".

I've got the hardware working and everything is looking
good up to the step where I need to download and install
OCFS.

I'm using WhiteBox Linux v. 4, which
is RedHat AS 4 and based on 2.6 kernel.  I did find an
oracle-modified kernel for sharing the FireWire drive.
But it's looking like there is no OCFS specifically for
2.6?  Is that correct?  Is that a show-stopper with
this distribution of WhiteBox/RedHat ?

--
Chris Howard
CIS Database Administrator   Platte River Power Authority