[Ocfs-users] problems creating ocfs filesystem

Vicente Málaga vmalaga at prisacom.com
Fri May 20 07:06:11 CDT 2005

Several problems when making it:
fisrt when I delete /dev/raw when i make raw -qa for verify then other raw
devices using at the RAC say me:
rac01:/dev/raw # raw -qa
Cannot open master raw device '/dev/raw' (Is a directory)

So before creating the filesystem whith mkfs.ocfs i have to recreate /dev/raw,
but when /dev/raw/raw41 disappears, when I try to make debugocfs or
mounted.ocfs it say me again that /dev/raw/raw41 don`t exist.

There are any solution to say the kernel that all the raw devices tree,
include /dev/raw and /dev/rawctl are at other place.

Thanks

--

Vicente Málaga
Departamento de Sistemas - Prisacom