[Ocfs-users] Mouting Filesystem problems

David Sharples davidsharples at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:59:27 CST 2005

Hi,

I have blatantly done something wrong here but I dont know what.

Two nodes and my SA presented the same SAN space to both nodes

on node1 the device is /dev/sda and on node2 the device is /dev/sdb

So on node I did this

mkfs.ocfs -F -b 1024 -g dba -u oracle -L OCFS1 -m /ocfs1 -p 755 /dev/sdb

and the output was

Cleared volume header sectors
Cleared node config sectors
Cleared publish sectors
Cleared vote sectors
Cleared bitmap sectors
Cleared data block
Wrote volume header

All returned OK with no problems, when I try to mount that file system I get

mount -t ocfs /dev/sdb /ocfs1
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb, or too
many mounted filesystems

So ok, I did fsck.ocfs

fsck.ocfs /dec/sdb

fsck.ocfs 1.1.2-PROD1 Fri Apr  2 13:59:23 PST 2004 (build
2df841d19c031db220f8cfb73439339d)
Checking Volume Header...
Volume has never been mounted on any node. Exiting
/dev/sdb: clean, 0 objects, 0/20478 blocks

I tried the exact same thing on the other node and got the same
errors.  These partitions has already been mounted as linux
filesystems before I did the mkfs.ocfs stuff.

ocfs.conf

        node_name = mit04
        node_number = 2
        ip_address = 10.85.151.11