[Ocfs-users] About compression of files on OCFS

Kenichiro Ochi Kenichiro.Ochi at oracle.com
Thu Jul 28 01:05:36 CDT 2005

Hi, Experts.
I'm Kenichiro Ochi, the support engineer of Oracle Japan.

I would like to ask you the following questions about supported files on OCFS.
I know OCFS VER 1.X only supports Oracle datafiles (including archive logfiles).

My customer has one question.

 - Is it supported that archive logfiles on OCFS are compressed
   (using compress, gzip command etc) ?
   In other words, is it allowed that there are compressed files(.Z, .zip etc) on OCFS ?

I would appreciate it if I could receive feedback on it
at your earliest convenience.

Since I'm not in the mailing list, please reply directly back to me.
Thank you in advance.

Thanks
Kenichiro

--