[Ocfs-users] H(U): A few OCFS questions

YURIY.LEYZEROVSKIY at oracle.com YURIY.LEYZEROVSKIY at oracle.com
Thu Jul 21 16:38:18 CDT 2005

OCFS Experts,

Sorry if the questions below are naive, or were answered before, but here it goes.

I have a potential client who at the moment having problems installing 10g RAC on RHEL 3.0 (2.4.21-20).
They using (rather planning to use) OCFS for everything, including CRS files (OCR, voting).

Questions:

1) They use custom kernel (modified by their security people).
    Do we support OCFS on the tainted kernel?
2) They plan to use SQLBacktrack to do backup of the database (corporate standard).
    Will SQLBacktrack able to read files on the OCFS?

Thank you,

Yuriy