[Ocfs-users] Multiple OCFS intances in the same LAN

Jimmy.Gammelgaard at apcc.com Jimmy.Gammelgaard at apcc.com
Tue Feb 22 10:27:14 CST 2005

Im doing a simular thing in my test environment.

I have succesfully changed the header of the BCV devices by running :
ocfsdebug -H /dev/sdf1
The only problem with this is that the mount point in the metadata
automatically is set to /ocfs

Is there another(better) way of changing the metadata ???

Best Regards
Jimmy Gammelgaard
Snr Oracle Applications DBA

             Wim Coekaerts
             <wim.coekaerts at or
             acle.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Sumit Bose <Sumit.Bose at web.de>
             ocfs-users-bounce                                          cc
             s at oss.oracle.com          ocfs-users at oss.oracle.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Ocfs-users] Multiple OCFS
             22/02/2005 16:22          intances in the same LAN

v1 has little network traffic so if it's just on same subnet you should
be totally fine

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 05:10:30PM +0100, Sumit Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible and safe to use more than one RAC-Cluster using OCFS in
the same LAN?

> I'm considering to following setup: a 2-node production and a 2-node test
system, the production data is stored in an EMC Symmetrix and for the
test-system the production data is copied once to a BCV disk internally.
This will give me an new independant copy of the production disk with the
same contents, this also means that any OCFS metadata will be the same. If
OCFS is started on this copy on a node of the test system, will it
interfere with the production OCFS? If yes, will it help to use a different
OCFS port or network segment for the test system?