[Ocfs-users] Re: Clarification on 1.0.14-1

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue Feb 1 17:49:42 CST 2005

The bug had to do with non-contiguous aio+o_direct ios.
In 2.4, as raw is the only core kernel feature using o_direct, this
bug was never discovered, that's our theory, atleast. (By definition,
all ios on raw are contiguous).

We never filed a bug with rh/suse on this issue.

BTW, as this bug was known to cause on-disk corruptions, I am
not sure how you have linked this to your momentary freeze-ups.

1. How many logfile groups do you have?
2. Logfile sizes?
3. Kernel version?
4. Memory?
5. How did you determine the freezeup was during archiving?