[Ocfs-users] Not mounting on boot

ocfs ml.ocfs at houghtonintl.com
Tue Aug 23 19:22:43 CDT 2005

Specs:
Oracle 9.2.0.4
OS is Redhat AS2.1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-summit-1.0.12-1
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.12-1
Shared Storage:
Dell/EMC CX600
naviagentcli-6.19.0.4.14-1.noarch.rpm
PowerPath 4.4

My system was originally installed by Dell.
Since then I've upgraded the OCFS and a few other pkgs.
But ever since the beginning the ocfs drives mounted on boot.
Recently(in the past 6+ months) I've added some new ocfs drives
I can mount them through a 'mount -t ocfs /dev/.... /...' command or the
ocfstool
They all have the same permissions and ownership as the original drives.

But they never mount on boot. [I don't reboot very often, about 1 every
1.5yrs or so, for HW changes and alike]
But regardless, I'd rather automate the mounting process for these
drives. [I don't want to use a boot script]

The /etc/fstab does not show any ocfs drives
The /etc/mtab shows the original ocfs drives
I've tried editing the mtab to include the new drives, but it doesn't
mount the drives and they're not listed in mtab post reboot.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks in advance
clarke

P. Clarke Thomas
SysAdmin
Houghton International
http://www.houghtonintl.com
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. - RFC 1925