[Ocfs-users] OCFS and BCM5700

Jeremy Schneider jer1887 at asugroup.com
Thu Sep 30 10:48:38 CDT 2004

FWIW (to throw my 2 cents out there), our Netware guys advised us before
we started to avoid the broadcom NIC's so we have used Intel's from the
start.  Haven't had any problems yet with them.  Like Wim said, though,
ocfs itself hardly touches the NIC's.  GSD hits them harder (if you're
9i or later, with Cache Fusion, and you're pulling data blocks over the
interconnect).

Jeremy

>>> "Matt Daniels" <Matt.Daniels at priorityhealthcare.com> 09/29/2004
9:32:40 AM >>>
Based on our experience with an identical config, we determined
the cause to be the actual cards themselves.  While others seem to
work ok with these, we had multiple issues.  Our solution was to
replace the Broadcoms with Intel NICs.

HTH,
Matt