[Ocfs-users] "Linux Error: 28: No space left on device"

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Mon Nov 29 19:26:11 CST 2004

probably fragmentation. if you restore files in large chunks you end
up with fragmentation and you end up having to drop to smaller chunks

I think we ship something called extfinder which will list the free
extents and the sizes, so you cannot allocate larger than that in one
go.

this is actually documented in the faq somewhere as well , the behavior.
so m pretty sure that's going to be the reason, you can verify it easily

once we release version 2 that will be able to allocate fragmented
chunks, in v1 it was just too hard and dangerous to add