[Ocfs-users] ORA-01207 after SAN maintenance

Matt Daniels Matt.Daniels at priorityhealthcare.com
Wed Nov 24 08:30:10 CST 2004

We had a situation over the weekend with our production database that we can't figure out, hoping someone can shed some light.

Specifics:
Oracle 9.2.0.4
OS is Redhat AS2.1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-summit-1.0.12-1
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.12-1

All database, redo, undo, and control files are on ocfs, archived logs are on ext3.

We shut down the database for san maintenance, but didn't shut down cluster
manager.  The san was disconnected from the server, a tray was added and then
the san was reconnected.  The server and cluster manager remained up during the
maintenance.

When we tried to restart the database, we got an ORA-01207, saying the control
file was older than the datafiles.  Per Oracle support, we recreated the control file
and attempted to bring the db up with the new one.  At this point we received the
following:

Errors in file /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/admin/ENTPRD/udump/entprd2_ora_22596.trc:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcoapl_blkchk], [5], [393], [6101], [], [], [], []

There's a RAC bug entry for [kcoapl_blkchk], but it was for a 4-node RAC, ours is only
2 nodes, so Oracle internals support said they didn't think it applied to our case.  We
ended up doing a point-in-time recovery to before the san maintenance, but moved the
datafiles to an ext3 partition for now.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any input as to what happened?  We're trying to
determine if this is a bug, and if we should move back to RAC/ocfs.

Thanks very much,
Matt Daniels
Apps DBA, Priority Healthcare Corp