[Ocfs-users] Expanding (growing) Filesystemss

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Jun 18 12:43:46 CDT 2004

tuneocfs is fairly safe. It does not do anything fancy.

If extending, it ensures that the new space can be fully accounted for
by the bitmap. (For e.g., with a 4k blocksize, ocfs can address volumes
upto 32G, with 128K upto 1TB, etc). If so, it stamps the new size in the
header.

If truncating, it ensures that the new size is not smaller than the
largest used block. Again, if ok, it just stamps the new size on the
header.