[Ocfs-users] Question about filesystem ownership

Derek Suzuki DSuzuki at ZipRealty.com
Tue Feb 10 20:42:30 CST 2004

 Doesn't seem to help.  When I manually mount with those options, then
/bin/mount does show the "uid" and "gid" options set for the mounted
filesystem, but permission remain root:root.  ocfstool reported root:root
for that filesystem even immediately after I selected oracle:dba during the
formatting process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Varghese Abraham
To: Derek Suzuki; 'ocfs-users at oss.oracle.com'
Sent: 2/10/2004 5:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Ocfs-users] Question about filesystem ownership

I think this has got more to do with the way the file system was
mounted.
We have put the entry for mounting ocfs file systems in rc.local in the
following manner

/bin/mount -t ocfs -o uid=oracle,gid=dba /dev/sda /ocfs01

This mounts with proper permissions. I think if you reboot , the next
time
it would take it properly or you could put the above entries in rc.local
or
fstab and then try to unmount and mount