[Ocfs-users] Question about filesystem ownership

Derek Suzuki DSuzuki at ZipRealty.com
Tue Feb 10 17:34:53 CST 2004

	I've created a few OCFS filesystems (RHEL 3, OCFS 1.0.9-12) while
attempting to assign ownership by oracle:dba.  I've done this both with
ocfstool and mkfs.ocfs.  They both seem to accept the parameters, but the
resulting filesystem is always owned by root:root.
	This is not a fatal problem, since we can just throw all of our
Oracle files into a properly-owned subdirectory in each filesystem, but I
was wondering if this was expected behavior.  I recall running into
something like this with an ext3 Oracle server, so perhaps it doesn't have
anything to do with OCFS.

Derek