[Ocfs-users] OCFS and removing directories

Jeremy Schneider jer1887 at asugroup.com
Wed Feb 4 12:32:27 CST 2004

We have an identical configuration and have had exactly the same
problems.  (Both slowness and the rmdir error.)  We're still working on
it.  Just out of curiousity, are you using Powerpath?

Jeremy Schneider

>>> "Paul Anderson" <Paul.Anderson at priorityhealthcare.com> 02/04/2004
12:04:26 PM >>>
We are running Linux AS 2.1 .27 enterprise on an EMC CX400 SAN with
ocfs version enterprise 1.0.9-12.  After formatting the partitions the
response from the filesystem is very slow during either read or writes.
Even worse, while we can create a directory, we are unable to delete the
directory after it has been created.  Every time any directory is
attempted to be removed with rmdir we get a "rmdir: 'directory name':
Directory not empty" even though there has never been a write of any
data to that directory.  I am just wondering if anyone else has had this
experience and even better, has found a solution.

Paul Anderson

"Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to
me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know
we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know
there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown
unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."