[Ocfs-users] cp --o_direct

Bryce philip.copeland at Oracle.com
Wed Dec 1 10:48:08 CST 2004

*scratch*
lets see
try
cp --o_direct=131072,0 xdb01.dbf /tmp

which basically says 'try to copy in the file using o_direct blocks of
128Mb and copy out to /tmp without o_direct'

--o_direct just by itself will assume that the src and destination FS's
are o_direct capable

In your case, I'm assuming that /tmp isn't and is a ext2 or ext3 FS.
The use of fileutils suggests that you're using AS2.1 which did not
silently ignore o_direct on ext3 like EL3 does.

Phil
=--=