[Ocfs-users] Observations

Varghese Abraham VargheseA at herbalife.com
Mon Aug 30 15:31:07 CDT 2004

Hi Sunil , Wim
 Thanks for your inputs.

We are on Linux AS 2.1 kernel e38
OCFS version
----------------------------------
[root at usingorcdb03 root]# rpm -qa | grep ocfs
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.12-1
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
[root at usingorcdb03 root]#

Regarding point 2, can you clarify a bit further.

What I understand from your / wim's mail is that data blocks would be present somewhere in memory buffer
and when we copy / ftp , those Memory blocks are getting used.
Is my understanding right.  ?
( Should this be the case even when the database is shutdown , that Linux would use memory buffers to do a copy /ftp. )

R'gds
Varghese Abraham.