[Ocfs-users] Unmounting Errors On Reboot

Don Stocks don.stocks at clearcapital.com
Tue Aug 24 11:55:10 CDT 2004

I am receiving these errors when rebooting my system.

Unmounting file systems:  (1785) ERROR: unable to sendmsg, error=-101,
Linux/ocfsipc.c, 394

(1785) ERROR: status = -999, Linux ocfsipc.c, 206

ocfs: Unmounting device (104,33) on rac1-priv1.collo.corp.net (node 2)

(1785) ERROR: unable to sendmsg, error=-101, Linux/ocfsipc.c, 394

(1785) ERROR: status = -999, Linux/ocfsipc.c, 206

It looks like the node is trying to send an IPC message to the other
node in the cluster to notify that it is removing itself from the
cluster as part of the unmounting process.  Unfortunately this is
happening after all my network interfaces have been brought down.  If
this is correct should I add an init script to unmount ocfs partitions
prior to bringing the network down?  Or is it a problem at all that the
other node isn't getting the message?

Thanks, Don

Don Stocks

Senior System Administrator