Fwd: RE: [Ocfs-users] OCFS Hang

Jeremy Schneider jer1887 at asugroup.com
Wed Apr 21 11:28:44 CDT 2004

Oh yeah - easy way to check, Randy:

Next time your node hangs, get on the OTHER NODE and go into each
directory where files are being opened (datafiles, archivelogs,
controlefiles, redo logs, etc) and delete a file (you can create one
first then delete it).  If this causes the hung node to recover then
you're having the same problem I was having.

Jeremy

>>> "Jeremy Schneider" <jer1887 at asugroup.com> 04/21/2004 10:14:04 AM

Just a thought, but you might be having the same problem I was having.

Symptoms sound *very* similar.  The patch has supposedly been merged
into the source tree but I don't think they've released a new version
of
OCFS since the merge.  (Sunil or Wim - do you know if this bugfix was
included in 1.0.11-1?)

Check
http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs-users/2004-March/000192.html

For the geek [technical] description, check
http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs-users/2004-March/000185.html or
http://www.asugroup.com/ocfsbugfix.txt

Jeremy

>>> "Doering, Randy" <Randy.Doering at ventersciencejtc.org> 04/19/2004
6:23:52 PM >>>
Kurt, Thanks for the info. We ended up stopping/restarting the DB.
That
was successful, although trying to get to /u06/oradata/database was
still hanging. We then rebooted the node, and after that everything is
fine now. I'll look more into this using your suggestions and
hopefully
if/when it happens again, I'll have more information for you all.

BTW, using ocfstool, I was able to "browse" over and see the contents
of that directory fine.

Thanks again,
Randy