[Ocfs-users] OCFS Hang

Doering, Randy Randy.Doering at ventersciencejtc.org
Mon Apr 19 16:02:23 CDT 2004

Greetings,

            Having read about the previous OSFS hangs, I think this one
that we are seeing is different, but I'm not sure if this is caused by
OCFS or the Linux OS.

            We are running OCFS Version 1.09 with Linux AS 3.0/9i RAC.

We have a 2 node Intel Cluster (Node 1 and Node 2). This morning the DBA
tried to do an "ls" command on /u06/oradata/database and his process
hung. I tried to kill his "ls" process and it is unkillable. On Node 2,
the "ls" on /u06/oradata/database worked fine. All of the other file
systems (on both nodes) are fine.

Also, what we can't get rid of is this process:

oracle   23593     1 95 10:00 ?        04:45:11 oracleXYZ2
(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

            and it's been accumulating CPU time since the hang. I'm
unsure if this process is a victim or the cause of the hangs.

            I hope that I have provided enough information about the
situation. If not, let me know and I'll get more.

Regards,

Randy