[Oracle NoSQL Database Announce] Announcement: Oracle NoSQL Database 12.1.3.4.7

Announcements related to the Oracle NoSQL Database. nosql-database at oss.oracle.com
Sun Oct 11 04:02:02 PDT 2015

We are very pleased to announce the availability of Oracle NoSQL Database 12c (12.1.3.4.7).  It is available for download immediately from our HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/nosqldb/downloads/index.html"OTN download page.  Please forward this announcement widely.

Oracle NoSQL Database 12.1.3.4.7 adds several new features. We strongly recommend that users upgrade to this release to take advantage of these new features:

Business Continuity and Workload Management:   This feature enhances our business continuity and cross data center functionality. With this new feature, users can now continue business operations in the event of zone failures the result in the loss of quorum as well as carry out any planned maintenance that results in take one or more zones offline without impacting business operations.

We have added new CLI commands that allows an administrator: to change the TYPE of the zone, to reestablish Admin service quorum that has been lost due to failure, to prevent unwanted services from starting, to wait for a replica nodes to reach a specified threshold of consistency with their masters while performing disaster recovery. To read more about this feature refer chapter 7 of the HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/AdminGuide/failover-switchover.html"Admin Guide.

Bulk Get API:  Introduced a new high performance API for bulk multi-get operations on table rows or key-value pairs. The API takes as input a set of keys, queries the appropriate Storage Node(s) in parallel and returns all the matching records. This allows users to efficiently retrieve the records using multiple primary keys in a single API operation. Refer the HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/javadoc/oracle/kv/table/TableAPI.html#tableIterator%28java.util.Iterator,%20oracle.kv.table.MultiRowOptions,%20oracle.kv.table.TableIteratorOptions%29"Javadoc for details of API.

Off Heap Cache:  The off-heap cache feature provides significantly better performance for certain workloads. With this feature the users can allocate and use additional memory outside the limits of the Java heap, reducing the impact of Java garbage collection, thus resulting in better caching of data. Refer the HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/AdminGuide/offheap.html"Admin Guide to manage and configure the Off Heap Cache.

Support for Complex types for Hive Storage Handler:  This features enhances our integration with Apache Hive and Big Data SQL by allowing the users to query against data contained in tables whose schema may consist of complex (non-primitive) date types that is, Map, ENUMS, Records and Arrays types. Users can now run richer queries from hive console against the data that's stored in the Oracle NoSQL DB. Documentation and examples that walk you through the details of the data model and how it maps to the Apache Hive and Big Data SQL data models; which can be found  HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/examples/hadoop/hive/table/package-summary.html#mapping_hive_to_ondb_data_model"here and HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/examples/hadoop/hive/table/package-summary.html#mapping_ora_to_ondb_data_model"here respectively.

We have also enhanced our Hive Interfaces to support the Oracle NoSQL Database security model. You can now run Map Reduce jobs, Hive queries, and Big Data SQL queries against table data located in a store configured for secure access. Example code and detailed documentation that explains and walks you through the details of executing a MapReduce job or Hive/Big Data SQL query against table data in a secure store; which can found, respectively, in the sections of HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/examples/hadoop/table/package-summary.html"The Table API MapReduce Cookbook and HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/examples/hadoop/hive/table/package-summary.html"The Table API Hive Cookbook

Please review the details of our changes in our HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/changelog.html"Change Log

Here is the related information for this release:

Product Download (HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/nosqldb/downloads/index.html"OTN | HYPERLINK "https://edelivery.oracle.com/"OSDC)
Product Documentation (HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/index.html"Doc)
Complete List of Changes (HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/changelog.html"Change Log)
Frequently Asked Questions (HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/nosqldb/overview/nosqldb-faq-518364.html"FAQ)
JavaScript Quick Start Guide (HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/driver_table_javascript/booklets/js_driver/index.html"HTML | HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/driver_table_javascript/booklets/js_driver/OracleNoSQLDatabase-JS_Driver_QuickStart.pdf"PDF)
Python Quick Start Guide (HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/driver_table_python/booklets/python_driver/index.html"HTML | HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/NOSQL/html/driver_table_python/booklets/python_driver/OracleNoSQLDatabase-Python_Driver_QuickStart.pdf"PDF)

Join OTN and participate in the HYPERLINK "https://community.oracle.com/community/database/high_availability/nosql_database"Oracle NoSQL Database Forum discussions. Our engineering and support staff are highly active on this forum, if you have question please ask them there first.

Thanks.

Oracle NoSQL Database Team