[linux-sparc-users] why can't I connect to a SPARC Linux LDOM via IPv6?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Wed Oct 19 06:44:56 PDT 2016

IPv4 works fine; and I can ping (ping6 from Mac or Linux) the IPv6 address from another system, but I can't e.g. ssh in via the IPv6 address, which given that Macs don't have a way to configure IPv4 vs IPv6 preference, is annoyingly slow to time out.  That's regardless of the OS that I'm coming from...although I _can_ ssh back locally to the (either global or link-level) IPv6 address.

AFAIK, I turned the iptables firewall off, there's nothing in /etc/hosts.deny that should account for it, etc.

What am I missing?

mysteriously frustrated... :-)