[linux-sparc-users] T5220

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Oct 30 10:47:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 10:25 AM, waz0wski <list at distortion.io> wrote:
>
> Thanks for publishing this SPARC build!

You're welcome!

> Although listed as not-tested/minimally-tested, I've had no issues on T5220/T5440 bare-metal, as well as inside of ldom w/ solaris 11.3+OVM 3.3

Great, thanks for the feedback. I'll let our documentation team know so they can add this to the list during the next refresh cycle.

> Curious to see how this progresses, as there's discussion regarding SPARC builds for Debian as well -- https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2015/10/threads.html

Yes, we've been talking to the Debian team as well. Keep in mind the Debian team are talking about the "sparc" architecture (which is the old 32-bit arch). This distro is sparc64 and requires a 64-bit SPARC processor (sun4v).

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496