[Ksplice][Uptrack-announce] Sunsetting Ksplice support for i386 architectures on July 31, 2020

Travis Jensen travis.jensen at oracle.com
Fri May 1 15:35:55 PDT 2020

Greetings, Ksplice customers,

Ksplice prides itself on the breadth of coverage we provide for the
Linux kernel. For many years, we have continued to provide updates
for both x86_64 and i386 architectures to keep our customers' systems
secure. In that time, as x86_64 has increased in popularity, many
distributions have completely stopped supporting i386 on new releases.

Over the past few years, we've seen i386 usage drop to a very, very
small percentage of updated systems compared to x86_64. At this point,
we feel it would be a better use of our resources to ensure better
support for our other products than to continue developing updates for
legacy i386 kernels.

Accordingly, on July 31st, 2020, Ksplice will no longer provide new
updates for i386 kernels for legacy customers. Oracle Linux Premier
Support customers will continue to receive i386 updates for Oracle
Kernels (UEK and RHCK) for the duration of their support lifetime.

The Ksplice Uptrack client and the Ksplice enhanced client will notify
you if your kernel is subject to sunsetting on July 31st. If you have
questions about this, you can contact Ksplice support at
ksplice-support_ww at oracle.com.

- The Oracle Linux Ksplice Team