[Ksplice][Uptrack-announce] The Ksplice Update: June 2011 edition (announcing RHEL 6 support!)

Jessica McKellar jesstess at ksplice.com
Tue Jun 21 09:03:33 PDT 2011

Welcome to the Ksplice newsletter! We have some exciting announcements:

1. Ksplice Uptrack for RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux 6
2. uptrack-uname
3. New distributions and releases
4. Conferences

*1. Ksplice Uptrack for RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux 6
*

We are pleased to announce Ksplice Uptrack support for RHEL 6 and Scientific
Linux 6. To install Ksplice Uptrack on these systems, please follow our
standard installation instructions: http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack/install.

We will support CentOS 6 immediately after its release.

*2. uptrack-uname
*

You can now check the effective kernel version of your Uptrack machines
using the uptrack-uname command line utility, which ships with Uptrack
client versions 1.2.1 and later. uptrack-uname has the same format as
unameand supports the common
uname flags, including -r and -a.

Read more at http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack/using#uptrack-uname

To upgrade the Uptrack client, please run

yum update uptrack

on rpm-based systems and

apt-get update
apt-get install uptrack

on dpkg-based systems.

You can also check your effective kernel on your web interface and via our
API: http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack/api

*3. New distributions and releases
*

Since our last newsletter, we've added support for Fedora 14 and 15, Ubuntu
Maverick and Natty, Debian Squeeze, Debian Xen, Debian OpenVZ, CentOS Plus,
and Scientific Linux 5.

We've also added free GUI versions for these new Fedora and Ubuntu desktop
releases: http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack/download.

You can see our full list of supported platforms at
http://www.ksplice.com/uptrack/supported-kernels.

*4. Conferences
*

We enjoyed seeing many of you at this year's Red Hat
Summit<http://www.redhat.com/summit/>and Parallels
Summit <http://www.parallels.com/summit/global/>. We look forward to seeing
some of you at HostingCon 2011 <http://www.hostingcon.com/> this August in
San Diego. Are there other conferences that you and your fellow Linux admins
like to attend? Send mail to support at ksplice.com and let us know. We are
always looking for new places to meet you!

As always, please don't hesitate to contact support at ksplice.com with
questions and feedback.

Thanks for using Ksplice Uptrack!

-- the Ksplice team

Ksplice, Inc.
48 Pearl St., Cambridge, MA 02139

Ksplice and Uptrack are registered trademarks of Ksplice, Inc.

[image: image.png]
Ksplice is now used on all 7 continents. Antarctica was the last hold-out.
See the Ksplice
blog<http://blog.ksplice.com/2011/02/happy-birthday-ksplice-uptrack/>
for
details!