[graalvm-dev] mx build problem

Pascal Gillet pascalgillet at ymail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:32:06 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,
I try to implement a JUnit test for com.oracle.svm.configure.config.ResourceConfiguration class in substratevm.

I added my test class in module com.oracle.svm.test, and added a mx dependency on com.oracle.svm.configure in mx.substratevm/suite.py:
 "com.oracle.svm.test": {
    "subDir": "src",
    "sourceDirs": ["src"],
    "dependencies": [
        "mx:JUNIT_TOOL",
        "sdk:GRAAL_SDK",
        "com.oracle.svm.configure",
    ],
    "checkstyle": "com.oracle.svm.core",
    "workingSets": "SVM",
    "annotationProcessors": [
        "compiler:GRAAL_PROCESSOR",
    ],
    "javaCompliance": "8+",
    "spotbugs": "false",
}
Is the module com.oracle.svm.test the right place to implement such a test, or should I create a dedicated test module like com.oracle.svm.configure.test ?
When I run 'mx build', I got the following error message:
File "/home/pascal/Workbench/Projects/graal/substratevm/mx.substratevm/suite.py", line 1124 in definition of SVM_TESTS:
Distribution must explicitly specify a dependency on org.graalvm.libgraal as it has overlays. SVM_TESTS
Am I missing something?

Many thanks,
Pascal GILLET