[graalvm-dev] How to use compiled source GraalVM to run a java program?

Ofir Gordon ofirg6 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:18:50 PDT 2020

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to ask this question,

I built the GraalVM jvm code from the project repository, using the following
instructions <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/oracle/graal/issues/588__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!ICgxEm8dO9IQVeG1kx6xihrh_Bcd1nsPfznVOtEwAXHatr9cKtppmSFbYNJs7PXELADkow$ >. I think it
completed successfully (didn't see any error messages), and it created a
new folder graal\vm\mxbuild with what seems to be the compilation product.

My question is, how do I use the compiled JVM to run a java program?
usually I would expect some java execution file, but I can't find any.

My goal is to eventually change the jvm code in order to test the behavior
of the GC, so if there is a differnt way to do it with the graalvm source
code I'll appreciate your instructions.

Thanks in advance,

Ofir