[ graalvm-announce] Java 8

Gilles Duboscq gilles.m.duboscq at oracle.com
Thu Sep 2 01:20:12 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Starting from October we will not be releasing GraalVM CE builds based on Java 8 anymore.
However we will be releasing builds based on Java 17 along with the Java 11 ones! (see the latest dev builds [1]).
This will allow us to focus on improving GraalVM on the latest Java platforms where innovation is happening rather than spend time maintaining older ones. In particular, this will help native-image get rid of some legacy code that only exists to support Java 8.

 Gilles

[1]: https://github.com/graalvm/graalvm-ce-dev-builds