[Firewire-users] 2.6.9.55-ELsmp

Bertram Moshier bertram at bmoshier.net
Wed May 30 01:51:20 PDT 2007

Hello,

Over the long weekend, I found the time to see if the existing modules on
the Oracle Firewire site would work with the current RHN kernel
(2.6.9.55-ELsmp).  They don't nor does the IEEE1394.ko provided by Red Hat
support exclusive_login=0.

I decided I need to download the source and recompile the Oracle Firewire
module for the current RHN kernel.  Unless that is someone else (especially
at Oracle) has already done this effort.  If so, I'd love to get a copy.  If
not, it's cool.

Anyone have any heads upon on compiling this monster before I do it this
weekend (when I get some more time)?

Bert.