[Firewire-users] Firewire shared drive detection failure

Bertram Moshier bertram at bmoshier.net
Mon May 21 00:00:40 PDT 2007

 JP,

I'm using a similar system but am not as far along as you are, though, in
setting it up.

I have two nodes: OracleRAC001 and OracleRAC002 running Red Hat Enterprise 4
WS 2.6.9-55.ELsmp.  The hardware is two Dell Precision 390 systems dual core
@ 1.86 GHz and 4 GB RAM.

I'm also using the external Maxtor One Touch III 500 GB drives.  The
difference between our disk sub-systems is I'm using a SIIG card with a
Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 IEEE-1394b chip set and I'm using 9-9-pin
Firewire 800 cables.

2.6.9-55.ELsmp came with its own Firewire module but it doesn't seem to
recognize the "options sbp2 exclusive_login=0" command in the modprobe.conf
file.

While I'm able to access the One Touch III drive, like you it is only from
one system.

Bert Moshier

  _____