[Firewire-users] New to Oracle on Linux

Bertram Moshier bertram at bmoshier.net
Wed May 16 00:29:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

While I'm not new to Oracle (OCP 8i and 9i), I am new to Oracle on Linux.
I'm trying to learn by installing, maintaining, etc. a two system Oracle 10g
RAC R2 database.

I'm using: Linux 2.6.9-55.ELsmp x86_64 (Red Hat Enterprise 4 WS)

The first system sees the Firewire 800 card and the Maxtor 500GB OneTouch
III drive.

QUESTION:  Do I still need to download and install the Oracle kernel RPM?
If so, which one do you recommend as there is not a RPM specific to
2.6.9-55.ELsmp?

QUESTION:  I'm looking at upgrading later to Red Hat Enterprise 5 WS.  Does
anyone have any advice on accomplishing this with Oracle 10g RAC R2 and
Firewire drives?

Bert Moshier