[Firewire-users] troubles with concurrent connection

alberto at sofgesa.com alberto at sofgesa.com
Fri May 13 13:14:30 CDT 2005

       Hello, we are from the developer team of a spanish research
company, and we are attempting a concurrent access to a firewire
disk. In your documentation, this is a possible thing to do. We
have compiled your own kernel for this porpouse, and we can't do it
work properly. When we execute the following command, the value in
"maximum concurrent logins supported" have to be 3 (according to
your documentation) instead of it, the following is the results
that I have.

dmesg | grep sbp2
ieee1394: sbp2: Query logins to SBP-2 device successful
ieee1394: sbp2: Maximum concurrent logins supported: 2
ieee1394: sbp2: Number of active logins: 1
ieee1394: sbp2: Error logging into SBP-2 device - login timed-out

One unusual aspect of the behaviour of this thing, is the matter that one
of two machines that we try to connect concurrently, reaches connection,
but the other fails. Ever. It refuse the connection at load of the module.
The firewire disk that we use for this porpouse is a MAXTOR ONE TOUCH II
(the same that you use in your documentation) We have followed your
instructions step by step, and we don't reach any solution. I hope that
your team can answer this question. Thanks approacching.

                          Alberto Martinez