[Firewire-users] Database crashing on exteral disk

arun chakrapani rao arunkajanerao_linux at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 19:27:33 CST 2004

Hi,
I am new to this group and as well as new to this rac creation
I am testing rac on 2 linux nodes connected to a firewire external
Maxtor 200GB external hard disk.
The oracle database is created on a OCFS file system which is sitting on this external drive.
This database keeps crashing unexpectedly with the following error
Mon Mar 15 22:23:32 2004
Errors in file /opt/oracle/admin/orcl/udump/orcl1_ora_2107.trc:
ORA-00202: controlfile: '/oradata/orcl/control01.ctl'
ORA-27091: skgfqio: unable to queue I/O
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
Linux Error: 5: Input/output error
Additional information: 2
The linux is on advanced server 2.1 and I have customed installed with everthing. on both the machines.
Can any Please let me know how to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Arun

Can somebody please help me out as how to solve this issue.
Tried based on whatever knowledge I have but in vain.

Do you Yahoo!?