[Firewire-users] Problem while doing modprobe on sbp2 on second RAC node

Chapman, Kyle Kyle_Chapman at G1.com
Sun Mar 7 16:12:04 CST 2004

try adding this to /etc/modules.conf:
options sbp2 sbp2_exclusive_login=0

do that on both nodes
-----Original Message-----
From: Cheruvattath, Ramsankar [mailto:RaCheruvattath at adt.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 2:58 PM
To: 'firewire-users at oss.oracle.com'
Subject: [Firewire-users] Problem while doing modprobe on sbp2 on second
RAC node

I have setup two nodes, and on the first node I have mounted OCFS. On
the second node when I use modprobe ohci1394 ; modprobe sbp2, I get the
following:

Ieee1394: sbp2: Query logins to SBP-2 device successful
Ieee1394: sbp2: Maximum concurrent logins supported: 1
Ieee1394: sbp2: Number of active logins: 1
Ieee1394: sbp2: Device does not support any more concurrent logins.

I am using buslink 80gb external hard drive. Please help. If this is
really a problem with the device, what external hard disks supports
concurrent logins?

Thanks
Ram

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.