[Firewire-users] Oracle RAC on RHEL3 or WBEL3

Ty Eckard jon.eckard at oracle.com
Wed Feb 18 12:30:54 CST 2004

Any Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller should
work.  For the drive enclosure, I've heard that the combo
(firewire/USB2.0) are sometimes a little unstable with OCFS.  I recently
bought a MicroNet 160GB combo for a little over $200 (US).  It has
worked well, so far.  I haven't yet put an OCFS filesystem on it,
though.  I'll post my testing results here when I do.