[Firewire-users] kernel updates

Brian Zammit bzammit at systemsaligned.com
Tue Apr 27 00:46:26 CDT 2004

Hello,

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 23:42, Manish Singh wrote:

> > Is someone maintaining this code and producing RHEL 3/Fedora kernels and
> > kernel patches still?
>
> I track the RHEL 3 kernels. When RH does a new kernel update, I'll spin
> new firewire kernels. These work on FC1 too.

Great, thanks. Good to see this project is being maintained. How widely
used is this patch? I am very surprised not more people are talking
about this. Especially now with Firewire 800, if this patch will support
this hardware, more thorough testing of complex setups can take place.

> I haven't had a chance to try newer Fedora's yet.

Since the RHEL 3 kernels work with FC1, and possibly FC2, there's
probably no reason to build on Fedora separately.

Brian