[Endpoint-users] any user docs for endpoint ?

Manish Singh manish.singh at oracle.com
Wed Mar 23 20:07:25 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:40:56PM +0530, Milind Kulkarni wrote:
> Dear Manish,
>
> I have installed the "endpoint", however I am not able to use it.
> Is there any user-guide or help or man page available for endpoint,
> endpoint.conf ?

There's sample-endpoint.conf in the docs dir. The first two stanzas
should be enough to get you going.

> My 1394 driver installation seems to be OK, as I am able to run
> "gscanbus" and
> see the bus topology and GUID of the nodes correctly.

Note that the current codebase could benefit from a number of
optimizations, as it's currently a naive implementation to get the
design working. It's not really performant for real use.

As I have other projects I'm dealing with, I haven't touched this code
in a while. Interested parties who want to code to make it better can mail
the devel list for pointers on ideas for what to do.

-Manish