[DTrace-devel] Git repo with DTrace support patches

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczko.tomasz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 08:17:42 UTC 2024

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 at 03:20, Kris Van Hees <kris.van.hees at oracle.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 01:53:20AM +0000, Tomasz K??oczko via DTrace-devel
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Cannot find where is git repo in which DTrace support is maintained.
> > Where is that repo?ðY¤"
>
> Our development repo is found at https://github.com/oracle/dtrace-utils

This repo contains only source code of the DTrace tools/libraries.
My question was about the kernel space part.

BTW mentioned in README.md for examople
https://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL9/UEKR7/x86_64/ contains kernel
and user space binary packages but
https://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL9/UEKR7/SRPMS do not exist.
Some of those packages are distributed under GPL licenses so the source
version should be distributable as well.

And more questions ..

As mentioned in README.md OL dnf repo is only binary kernel 5.15.x. How is
it with kernel 6.6.x/6.7.x support?

Latest version dtrace-utils is 2.0.0-1.13.2 which is unacceptable for rpm
as version string.
Why 2.13.2 is not used?

kloczek