[DTrace-devel] PCSVADDR in Linux port

Nick Alcock nick.alcock at oracle.com
Wed Jun 23 09:03:27 PDT 2021

On 7 Jun 2021, ChaCha Chan told this:

> Hi all,
>
> How did you guys port PCSVADDR related code from Solaris to Linux? I couldn’t find any in the current Linux port.

Well, we didn't, except insofar as the Solaris DTrace uses libproc and
we did have to port that use the Linux way of dropping breakpoints, etc
(which is totally different: e.g. the Linux equivalent of PCSVADDR is
ptrace(PTRACE_POKEUSER, ...)). It's an almost complete rewrite, and is
not visible outside the libdtrace shared library boundary in any case.

... I'm not sure if this is what you were asking, though. Do reply if
need be.

--
NULL && (void)