[DTrace-devel] Newest DTrace development on GitHub

Kris Van Hees kris.van.hees at oracle.com
Mon Oct 14 23:42:04 PDT 2019

The ongoing development of DTrace (v2) can be found on the 2.0-branch-dev of
the oracle/dtrace-utils repo on GitHub.  The URL is:

	https://github.com/oracle/dtrace-utils/tree/2.0-branch-dev

This branch shows the ongoing development of converting DTrace to be based on
eBPF.  Keep in mind that this is a development branch so I will be pushing
changes to it as development occurs and force-pushes are likely to happen at
times.  In its current state, the compiler is generating BPF code but it is
not being loaded into the kernel because work needs to continue first on the
library of BPF functions that generated code depends on.  Support for this is
currently being added and will be pushed in the next few days.

Comments of any kind are welcome, as is help with the ongoing project.  I plan
on including some more documentation/design details in the tree to describe
the design and implementation plan.

Enjoy!

	Kris