[DTrace-devel] Dtrace on Linux Port

Nick Alcock nick.alcock at oracle.com
Mon Mar 5 04:34:15 PST 2018

On 2 Mar 2018, Paul Dagnelie uttered the following:

> Hey Nick,
>
> Thanks for the feedback! I managed to get past that issue (I made a silly
> mistake and only partially finished rebuilding the kernel after switching
> branches a couple times), but now I am actually hitting a crash in
> dwarf2ctf.

Something else occurs to me: if you send me your .config I can see if I
can replicate the crash. That's probably enough to replicate it, though
it *may* also be compiler-version-sensitive. Most crashes aren't: they
just depend on the set of modules and the kernel tree being built
against. (It's possible that the ZFS addition to your kernel might have
triggered this, but it's much more likely that it'll happen with the
upstream tree.)