warning: undefined preprocessor identifier '_FORTIFY_SOURCE'

Alex Chiang achiang at hp.com
Tue Apr 1 10:59:42 PDT 2008

* Zach Brown <zach.brown at oracle.com>:

> > /usr/include/features.h:265:5: warning: undefined preprocessor identifier '_FORTIFY_SOURCE'
>
> Can you paste that line?

#if _FORTIFY_SOURCE > 0 && __GNUC_PREREQ (4, 1) && __OPTIMIZE__ > 0
# if _FORTIFY_SOURCE == 1
#  define __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 1
# elif _FORTIFY_SOURCE > 1
#  define __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL 2
# endif
#endif

> Over here it looks like there's a construct to make sure that it's set
> before testing it..
>
> if defined _fort && _fort > 0
>     stuff
>
> I wonder if you have some glibc that just does a
>
> if _fort > 0
>
> and doesn't have the defined guard?

Yeah, but sparse is clearly doing something funky because I can
build other userspace programs that #include <stdio.h> without
getting weirdo undef errors.

This is an ia64/debian 4.0 userspace.

I'll keep poking at this.

/ac