[Btrfs-users] Requirements for btrfs

Marco Gruss kork at kork.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 10 05:00:53 PDT 2007

Hey,

I just read about btrfs, and since the one thing about
ZFS that really impressed me was its protection of data
integrity, I'm pretty excited about btrfs.

Anyway, what I wanted to know are the requirements
kernel and architecture wise. I tried compiling the
module on my x86_64 system on kernel 2.6.17. It didn't
work, so my questions are:

a) Is x86_64 supported?
b) Do I need a more recent kernel for btrfs?

I didn't take note of the error message I got when
trying to compile 0.6 - I'm at work now, so I can't
reproduce it immediately.

Marco